Below is practical information relating to the workshop and the planned programme of events for the day. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
All workshops are taking place at the conference venue (Hyatt Regency San Francisco, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 9411) – Google Maps. The workshop is taking place on Saturday, 27th February in the room Seacliff D.
- The agenda for the day is as follows:
- 09:00 Welcome & Introduction
- 09:15 Presentations (Group 1)
- 10:15 Coffee Break
- 10:45 Presentations (Group 2)
- 11:45 Post-It Sorting
- 12:30 Lunch Break
- 14:00 Design session using the framework
- 15:30 Coffee Break
- 16:00 Design session wrap up (present designs)
- 16:30 Discussion
- 17:00 Close
- TBD Dinner (optional)
We have two hours for presentations and questions. Please prepare a 7-minute presentation (max) for each position paper, allowing 3-5 minutes for questions (10 minutes per talk incl. questions). Participants should read all position papers before the workshop. We will use the presentations to guide the activities throughout the day.
Position papers have been divided into two groups, with a coffee break in between:
- Barry Brown. Co-present interaction: On analysis & design.
- Pradthana Jarusriboonchai and Thomas Olson. Reconsidering the Role of Technology in Mediating Collocated Interaction.
- David A. Robb, Thomas S. Methven, Stefano Padilla, and Mike J. Chantler. Collocated Interaction: Supported Networking for Collaboration.
- Matti Nelimarkka, Antti Salovaara, Kai Kuikkaniemi, and Giulio Jacuzzi. Collocated Interaction as a Public Sphere.
- Eileen Scanlon, Karen Littleton, and Tim O’Shea. Collocated interactions in technology enhanced learning: mobility, personal inquiry and orchestration.
- Anthony Carton. Collocated Interaction in Space.
- Rui Pan, Carman Neustaedter, and Thecia Schiphorst. How Collocated Couples Play in Real-life Escape Rooms.
- Katherine Isbister. Playful Collocated Interaction Technologies.
- Florian Perteneder and Michael Haller. Lessons Learned on Integrating Mobile Devices into Digital Environments.
- Maria Vayanou, Vivi Katifori, Aggeliki Antoniou, and Angeliki Chrysanthi. Collocated Interaction in Cultural Storytelling Experiences: How to Coordinate Visitor Actions?.
- Fannie Liu, Geoff Kaufman, and Laura Dabbish. Design Considerations for Expressive Biofeedback in Social Interactions.
- Martin Porcheron. Using Mobile Phones in Pub Talk.
Lunch and Dinner
Lunch is not provided for the workshop, and so we will head to a nearby place (TBD) to grab lunch. We would be delighted for participants to join us, although everyone is free to form separate plans.
We will go together for dinner at a nearby restaurant in the evening, this will be arranged on the day. Again, we hope for participants to join us, but this is optional.
See you in San Francisco!